October 2019 Singapore Savings Bond

Average interest per annual for 1-year and 10-year period

Other Issues of SSBs Compared to Oct 2019  Issue

Oct 2019 Issue

Application Closes: 9.00pm, 25 Sep 2019
Details on this month SSB can be found on SGS website.

The interest rates continue to slide and the 10-year interest has fallen to a low of 1.75%. This is one of the lowest rate since the introduction of Singapore Saving Bonds. The interest rate is at the same low back in Sep 2016. The Fed has since cut the interest by another 25 basis points and it would be expected that the next month interest rate to fall to another record low below 1.75%. 

With the SSBs providing such low interest, it only make sense to direct cash into other asset classes with higher yield. For me, I am putting my cash into the stock market. There are 2 events this month which I am planning for. First, the Lendlease IPO and secondly, the Preferential Offering by Keppel DC REIT.

I am keen to ballot for the Lendlease IPO but I would be reading the reviews from other bloggers first before applying. As for the Keppel DC REIT, it is obvious that I would be applying for the PO with excess after the spectacular rally. But looking at hype now, I am not hopeful in getting any excess.





InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts