Portfolio Allocation (March 2020) - Not Selling, Continue Buying

Stock Allocation

Transaction Summary for March 2020
  • Bought Sheng Siong
  • Bought Mapletree Industrial Trust

Portfolio Allocation


Singapore will be going into 'lockdown', to a certain extend next week, and I agreed with the minister that the term 'lockdown' is loosely used. All the essential services will still be running and there is nothing to rush for. With these measures, I believe the number of COVID-19 cases should start coming down after mid April. I am confident that the health crisis will be contained and managed, but the economical damage will be tremendous.

Many businesses are affected and many might not be able to survive this, which is why the collapsed of REITs. Although I diversify my portfolio, with only around 30% in REITs, my portfolio still took a a big hit as no sector or asset class were spared. This will probably be one of the worst crash I will ever experience.

As I still have 30% of my portfolio in cash and saving bonds, I will not be facing any cashflow issues in the near term. These will be able to last me for more a year even if I lose my job. Financial stability is critical at this juncture as I do not need to do any panic selling to cover my near term need for cash. I will continue to accumulate equities in the following months. There is no reason to not to buy since I have been buying throughout the 10 years bull cycle. It only make sense to continue buying during this bear market.

Stay calm and stay safe.


InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts