Satellite Portfolio Allocation

 Satellite Portfolio Allocation

Holdings

  • Vanguard Health Care ETF, VHT
  • Invesco QQQ Trust, QQQ
  • iShares China Large-Cap ETF, FXI
  • ASML Holding NV, ASML
  • Micron Technology, MU
  • Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, TSMC
  • Tesla Motor, TSLA
  • Nvidia Corp, NVDA 
There are quite abit of changes for the growth (satellite) portfolio due the recent retracement in tech stocks. The noticeable changes from the last update are that I have sold SMH ETF, and added a new stock, Nvidia Corp. I have also accumulated more Tesla Motors and ASML Holding.

Overall, the performance of the US market is still looking good with healthy corrections. The warning of a crash has been around for more than a year when I just started investing in US stocks and I don’t know when it will come. This makes investing more challenging as I have to constantly decide whether to take profit or continue to hold. 

The best performing stocks are QQQ, VHT and ASML. The reason for QQQ and VHT being the best performing is probably just because I got in earlier. ETFs seems to be able outperform individual stock and if so, why would I want to choose individual stock? This is something I am still monitoring and might adjust my strategy again if needed.


Comments

Popular Posts