Portfolio Allocation Review (Apr 2021)

Core Stock Allocation

Total Portfolio Allocation


 Satellite Portfolio Allocation

Transaction Summary for April 2021
  • SOLD ISHARES PREFERRED AND INCOME SECURITIES
  • SOLD SPDR BLOOMBERG BARCLAYS HIGH YIELD BOND ETF
  • BOUGHT TSMC
  • BOUGHT MICRON TECHNOLOGY
  • BOUGHT ASML HOLDING NV

For the month of April, STI was range-bounded and made multiple attempts to hold above 3200 points. This week it seems like STI was able to hold above the line but as May is coming, it is unclear whether the profit taking will take place again as it is believed that investor will ‘sell in May and go away’. I did not pay any attention to the local market and was spending more time looking at my growth and crypto portfolio this month. As a result, there were no transactions for local market and will wait for the May pullback to accumulate if it occurs.

I did a reallocation for my growth portfolio early this month which consist of securities listed in the US markets. Firstly, I closed all my positions for dividend ETFs, PFF and JNK, to focus all on growth securities. I then doubled down on the semiconductor sector by adding Micron Technology, ASML Holding, and TSMC. These individual stocks are overlapped with the holdings in my semicon-ETF, SMH. 

I am now around 1-week old in crypto, and I have to say it’s pretty exciting as the price of cryptos are very volatile and the yields are amazing. I have placed all my crypto holdings for loan, staking, and liquidity pool. What is interesting is that I am able to get around $2 dollars every day and this $2 gets re-invested daily. Some of the returns are coming in on an hourly basis and it is pretty exciting to see money coming in every hour. Imagine what compounding can do. Having said that, I am totally aware that these investments are extremely high risk, and it could all just be a Ponzi scam. It is tempting to add more capital to allow the returns to compound at a faster rate but I have set a capped to the amount that I will be putting in. Trying not to be too greedy. My crypto portfolio is less than 1% of my total portfolio at the moment.

InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts