Portfolio Allocation (August 2019)

Stock Allocation


Change Log
  • Bought UOB
  • Bought DBS
  • Bought OCBC BANK
  • Applied CAPITAR CHINA TR with excess

Portfolio Allocation


Due to the escalation in trade war and rates cut, STI has retreated in August and I took the opportunity to do some accumulation. The banking sector caught my attention and I manage to add all three banks this month. I have always wanted to add the banks but I think they were slightly overvalued. The Financial sector now takes up around 6% of my portfolio. I am prepared to average down further should the trade war escalates or the economy worsen.

I have also applied for the preferential offering by CapitaR China Trust this month but the allocation results are not out yet. I will continue to stay vested despite the outlook for Singapore economy is gloomy. Singapore could be heading for a technical recession and end the year with 0% GDP growth. Probably I will slow down the pace of accumulation and hold more cash in the near term.


InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts