US Market (Satellite) Portfolio Update


Holdings

  • SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bnd ETF, JNK
  • iShares Preferred and Income Securities ETF, PFF
  • Vanguard Health Care ETF, VHT
  • Invesco QQQ Trust, QQQ
  • iShares China Large-Cap ETF, FXI
The US market is swinging up and down depending on the progress of the stimulus negotiations. If the headlines suggest that progress has been made in the negotiation, the market rallies. If the headlines suggest that a deal is still far off, the market goes down.

I can see why traders are excited about the US markets as there are opportunities everyday when the market moves. But since I am planning to hold for the long term, the volatility is less than exciting for me. I am also wondering if a buy and hold strategy is suitable for the US market, or I should adopt a shorter-term view by taking profit or cutting lost earlier.

As I am still very new to the US market, I will observe for a while to see if my strategy used for the Singapore market is suitable for the more volatile US market. I am also starting to look at individual stocks instead of ETFs, but I am now in a situation of choice paralysis.

As the US election draws nearer, the volatility is expected to continue until the election results are out. There is still room for additions into my satellite portfolio if any corrections come along. 



InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts