Portfolio P/L Updates - Sector Rotation

Total Portfolio P/L

As of 13th Nov 2020

Since Inception

Total Portfolio Unrealized Gain: $50.47K
Total Portfolio Realized Gain (Including Dividends): $$116.03K
XIRR: 6.56%

Portfolio Market Value


Portfolio Market Value (excluding Cash and SSBs)

Normally, I will take a snapshot of my portfolio performance at the end of the month, but I am too excited to look at it this weekend. There was some good news which resulted a big rotation within the stock market. 

Last month, my portfolio took a dive as there was heavy selling into REIT and Property counters. Luckily, I did take the opportunity to do some accumulations. After the US election results are out this month, the market begins to rally.

This week, with the announcement of the preliminary result from a phase 3 vaccine trial which achieved more than 90% efficacy, again triggered another rally and a big rotation within the stock market. Those sectors which are hit hard by COVID previously saw strong buying, and those sectors which held up or has stock price increases during the pandemic saw heavy selling. For e.g., stocks that went up include banks, properties, retail REITs, and stocks that went down includes industrial/ logistic and datacenter REITs. Although the rally was not the broad-based recovery which I was hoping for, my portfolio still increases overall.

The total profit, which includes realized and unrealized gains have exceeded pre-COVID levels at this moment. Unrealized gains doubled compared to last month due to the rally and sector rotation. It is always exciting to see portfolio runs like this. However, as my investment philosophy is to invest for the long term with a focus on passive income, I will not be taking any profit. I am still in the accumulation phase, and will want the portfolio to grow as big as possible, and to continue collecting dividends as long as I could.

Lastly, a wave of rights issue is ongoing for REITs, with Ascendas REIT being the latest to do a preferential offering. I will decide towards the closing date as to whether to take part or not, depending on the price of counter. As for the previous PO for MLT, I ended up not taking part as the price went below the PO price on the closing date. I had bought both Ascendas REIT and MLT below the PO price in October so it’s ok for me to not take part in the PO.


InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts