Portfolio Performance Review (Apr 2021)

Total Portfolio P/L

As of 30th April 2021

Since Inception
Total Portfolio Unrealized Gain: $85.55K
Total Portfolio Realized Gain (Including Dividends): $132.06K 
XIRR: 7.51%

Portfolio Market Value

Portfolio Market Value (excluding Cash and SSBs)

Looking back at my performance back in April which reached all-time high, and I will be missing all the unrealized gains as I will probably return them back in May. I am not a believer of taking profits and reentering later when the price dips. Time in market is more important to timing the market in my opinion. As my portfolio gets larger, I also do not think it is practical to liquidate my portfolio just to time the market. The commission fees will probably be in the thousands of dollars, and note that it will incur fees again when re-entering the market. These are the reasons why I always hold through regardless of the market conditions.

The selloff in May continues to extend throughout the week. It started with the US market selloff triggered by inflation fears. The selloff then hits the crypto market after Elon Mask suspends purchase using Bitcoin coin. Lastly, Singapore will be entering circuit breaker 1.5, and this triggered another round of selloff in the local market. The only stock that is now supporting my core portfolio is Sheng Siong. Lucky, the US market has started to rebound by this time.

I have been buying for the whole month of May for the US and crypto portfolio in very small tranches. I will be starting to buy for the local market. As always, pace your purchase and not all in at once as nobody can predict how long the dips will last.

Stay safe and invest safely.

InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts