Portfolio Performance (January 2020)

Portfolio Returns

As of 31st January 2020

Since Inception (Including Dividends)
Total Portfolio Unrealized Gain: $62,914.95
Total Portfolio Realized Gain: $$102,861.94
XIRR: 7.66%

Portfolio Value

Portfolio Value (excluding Cash and SSBs)

There is still no sign of containment on the spread of COVID-19 virus in Singapore. I recalled that many predicted that 2020 could the year of recession and somehow I felt that it might come true now. The streets are now empty and people are spending less. There is a high possibility that Singapore might go into recession if the outbreak stretches on.

This has interrupted my normal accumulation of equities and I have not done any transactions for close to 3 months already. The only thing I did was to setup DBS RSP to clocked my investment category for DBS Multiplier account. I will only be investing the minimum $100 each month. As the amount is not significant, I will not be tracking it as part of my portfolio. 


My portfolio is still holding quite well currently. The most risky stock I am holding now is CapitaLand Retail China Trust (CRCT). So far, I did not see any panic selling yet. China cannot remain shutdown for long and that will not be sustainable in the long run. How big the impact will be depends on how long the outbreak will last. 


I will resume the buying of Singapore Savings Bonds this month as spare cash is building up. Although the interest rate is low, it is still better idling cash in saving accounts. This will be a tough year for many.



InvestingNote Profile: @SingularityTruth
Facebook Page: @SingularityTruth

Comments

Popular Posts